Who Can Be A Foster Carer?...
Almost anyone can be a foster carer, as long as they have love to give, the patience to work through difficulties and the dedication to invest lots of time and energy.
Neither your age, cultural background, marital status or disability play a part in determining whether you’re suitable. You just need to be available around the clock (or have a partner you can share this responsibility with) and have a spare bedroom for your foster child.
Other things we consider include:
- Your legal and personal references
- Your eligibility to work in the UK
- Your health background and family lifestyle
- Your parenting skills and experience caring for children
- Your ability to provide a nurturing environment