Benefits & Rewards...
SUPPORT FOR FOSTER CARERS
Amicus Foster Care believes that foster carers need to provide a ‘secure base’ for children in their care. To enable them to do this, the agency will provide a similar ‘secure base’ for foster carers and their families and will do this by:
• Round the clock access to a local and known member of staff
• Supervision, support and regular telephone contact from an qualified and experienced AFC Social Worker.
• Twenty one night’s paid respite, pro-rata, per year.
• Regular support group meetings.
• Providing access to a pool of Support Workers to work with children and young people where funded and agreed appropriate and useful by the local authority.
• Organised events for foster carers as well as activities for carer’s own children and looked after children, throughout the year.
• AFC foster carers will have support and individual access to experienced, qualified therapists as we believe it is essential to support foster carers and their children with managing the impact of fostering.
• Providing educational advice to support foster carers in working with schools and promoting children and young people’s educational needs.
• A relevant and comprehensive training programme for foster carers, including access to CWDC, Parent and Child and post-appr oval training.
• A level of financial support, that values and respects foster carers' skills, learning and commitment to Amicus.carers,
• A fulfilling career where you can make a real difference to young people's lives